Monday, September 12, 2011

Andy Whifield of Spartacus - Blood and Sand is dead



I started watching Spartacus because of my colleagues in the office, they kept going on and on and on about the series and anyone who knows me knows that i am a series junkie, so while they warned me about the graphic sex scenes , violence and nudity, i watched some bits of it and became hooked to the storyline.

So i heard today that the leading actor -Andy Whitfield died of non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in Australia on Sunday, Sept. 11.
yes i never knew him but it touched me because prior to this he was an almost unknown actor and he brought a huge part of himself to the show.

So they have cast another actor with an uncanny resemblance to him to play his part called Liam McIntyre [First picture attached]

He will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment